Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Semi-permanent purple question?

I would like to dye my hair purple w/ a semi-permanent hair color. My hair is naturally black and I want it to be a dark purple. I was wondering if anyone here has used the Stellar Purple Punk Semi-Permanent Hair Color that you find at Hot Topic, and if it comes out as a bright purple or a dark purple when applied to black hair. here is the link:



http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/store/p...



Thanx to all that answer :)



Semi-permanent purple question?

it looks dark... so maybe with your black hair if it is natural then it would be a black mixture of dark violet/orchid but if your hair is not a natual black then don't the outcome might be shockin



Semi-permanent purple question?

i doubt the colour would lift as nothing can go over black.



Semi-permanent purple question?

hmmm i dont know.. i dont think that you will get a bright purple because you have black hair, you may not even see much purple at all. But i say go ahead it will come out eventually



Semi-permanent purple question?

I have brown hair and at first it turned my hair amost back. Honestly, If your hair is black, you wont see a bit of color without damaging it with developer or bleach or something. If you dont do any of that it will just wash out in a day or so. I hate to say it, but if your hair is too healthy or too dark, it simply wont do a thing.



Semi-permanent purple question?

Well i know someone that had black hair like you and colored her hair purple. She first tried it by herself and that was a disaster! Then she went into a salon and got it done again. Disaster. Then she tried one more time by herself with this top of the line stuff. Yeahh it still didnt work. Oh and when i say it didnt work i mean after one day it was green!!! I guess you could try it but....閳?br>Semi-permanent purple question?



If your hair is dark, it will be dark purple, because of the contrast between the purple and your black hair. My sister has used this and he hair was light brown, so it turned a very vibrant purple. Then my sister's friend used it with her black hair, and her hair looked tinted purple.



Semi-permanent purple question?

I've never used it, but maybe you should buy it and try it on one small section of your hair and see if you like the results. I hope that helps.



Semi-permanent purple question?

It won't affect black hair any. You'll have to bleach your hair to get the desired result. I use blue and pink temporary / semi-permanent dyes on part of my hair; my hair color is a medium brown but I have a very light blonde streak in the front. The blonde part is what I dye, but if any of the color gets on the brown part, it doesn't show up at all. So there's no way it would show up on black hair. Colors like that show up best when you start with ultra-light blonde, almost white, hair.



If you do decide to bleach your hair, have a professional do it. Bleaching it long enough to lighten it to the degree that it will be usable will probably fry your hair, especially if you do it yourself. One of my roommates last year trying bleaching her dark brown/black hair and ended up with a hideous orange color and horribly unhealthy looking hair instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment